The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is a leading structured (non-formal education) youth development program, bringing together practical experiences and life skills to create committed global citizens and equipping young people for life and work.
The Award invites young people between the ages of 14 and 24 to participate in a number of activities over a set length of time. Participation is entirely voluntary and is structured so Participants can design their own unique program centred around their interests and passions.
The Award is:
- Open to all young people aged between 14 and 25, regardless of their background and circumstances
- About personal development: it is a non-competitive, enjoyable, voluntary and balanced framework, which requires sustained effort over time
- A framework that enables young people to demonstrate self-development that is internationally recognised
- Comprised of three Award levels: Bronze, Silver and Gold – each progressively more challenging
- Comprised of four Sections: Service, Skill, Physical Recreation and Adventurous Journey, and includes a Residential Project at Gold level
- Scheduled ORB Downtime 22 – 24 March 2017. Read More
- Youth Forum 2.0 on 1 April 2017. Read More
- Award Leader Training Scheduled for 23 March 2017. Read More
- 2016 Social Impact Report Release. Read More