The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is the world’s leading achievement award for young people, bringing together practical experiences and life skills to create committed global citizens and equipping young people for life.
The Award invites young people between the ages of 14 and 24 to participate in a number of activities over a set length of time. Participation is entirely voluntary and is structured so Participants can design their own unique program centred around their interests and passions.
The Award is:
- Open to all young people aged 14-24, regardless of their background and circumstances
- About personal development: It is a non-competitive, enjoyable, voluntary and balanced framework, which requires sustained effort over time
- A framework that enables young people to demonstrate self-development that is internationally recognised
- Comprised of three Award levels: Bronze, Silver and Gold – each progressively more challenging
- Comprised of four Sections: Service, Skill, Physical Recreation and Adventurous Journey, and includes a Residential Project at Gold level
Our Vision is that all young people in Western Australia are empowered to explore their potential and achieve success through participation in The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.
By participating in The Award, our young people are part of a global network of individuals. At The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award – Australia (WA), we are also part of that global network and our belief that “I am one, we are many.” is reflected in all aspects of our work. We are proud of who we are, our stakeholders, our history, and the vast amount of opportunities The Award provides for young people.