About the Award
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is the world’s leading achievement award for young people: bringing together practical experiences and life skills to create committed global citizens and equipping young people for life and work.
The Award operates in over 140 countries around the world and to date, since 1956, over 8 million young people have started their Award.
The Award is:
- Open to all young people aged 14-24, regardless of their background and circumstances
- About personal development: it is a non-competitive, enjoyable, voluntary and balanced program, which requires sustained effort over time
- A framework that enables young people to demonstrate self-development that is internationally recognised
- Comprised of three Award levels: Bronze, Silver and Gold – each progressively more challenging
- Comprised of four Sections: Service, Skill, Physical Recreation and Adventurous Journey, and includes a Residential Project at Gold level
The Unique Strengths of the Award:
- It can be used by any group or organisation working with young people. It offers youth agencies and organisations a way of gaining international accreditation for development activities with young people
- It is based on enduring principles and robust methodology, but is flexible enough to be used with any group of young people, whatever their needs
- It focuses not on external and universal standards, but on self-directed learning based on individual goals – any young person can take part and achieve their Award, whatever their starting point
Cost of Award Levels
There is a registration fee payable by the Participant to their Award Unit upon registering for the Award. The registration fees for 2017 are:
- Bronze Award = $125
- Silver Award = $145
- Gold Award = $170
There are options for Financial Assistance towards the registration fees, please contact us for further information or visit the National Award Authority website
To find out more information about the Award, see The Award Handbook available HERE.
October 24, 20172016/2017 Annual Highlights Released
October 24, 2017Awardees and Volunteers Shine at 2017 Award Ceremony
June 28, 2017Buy your 17/18 Entertainment Book and support the Duke of Ed in WA