To connect with the community and give service to others and their communities.
- Undertake an activity regularly where they are donating their time to a genuine cause for the required minimum length of time depending on Award level chosen
- Meet the minimum time requirements, depending on Award level chosen
- Show regular commitment, progress and improvement in chosen activity
- Understand that regular commitment means at least one (1) hour per week, two (2) hours per fortnight or four (4) hours every four weeks
- Undertake activities substantially in their own time. This means that whilst some activity may take place within school, university or work hours, most of it should occur outside of these scheduled times
- All activities must be unpaid and where time is donated to a genuine cause and/or need (not to the benefit of Participant’s family)
- Same activity not required for entire time
- Set a realistic goal and strive to achieve this
- Activity can be something new, or something already being done
- An Assessor is chosen (should not be an immediate family member)
Environment service, Emergency services, Animal welfare, Charity work, Youth work, Sports and leadership, people in the community.